- Most Handsome Men In The World: A Look At The Top 10, What Makes Them Stand Out
- What Worked For Hakimi May Not Work For You: Man Returns From Abroad, Discovers Mum Had Squandered Money He’s Been Sending
- Pretty Lady With Good Body Shape Says Only Men With N2m in Their Bank Account Can Date Her, Video Causes Stir
- APC Produces Two Governorship Candidates In Kogi State
- Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Monday morning
The Biblical account of David and Goliath is one of the most popular stories from Scripture.
It is a lesson of courage, faith, and overcoming what seems impossible.
David was the youngest of Jesse’s twelve sons. One day, the nation of Israel was called to fight the Philistine army that had gathered for war. While David’s brothers went to fight, young David stayed back.
The two armies gathered to stand on opposite sides of a deep valley. A great Philistine giant named Goliath, that stood at over nine feet tall, came to the front of the Philistine battle line each day for forty days and mocked the Israelites and their God. Goliath called to them to fight, but King Saul and the Israelites were scared and did nothing.
David was sent by his dad Jesse to visit the front lines and bring back battle news from his brothers. David heard Goliath mocking Israel and their God. David was brave and volunteered to fight Goliath.
He persuaded King Saul to let him go fight and decided not to wear any of King Saul’s armor. David carried his sling and gathered five smooth stones. Goliath laughed at David, but David responded that even though Goliath had a sword and spear, he came in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel.
David put a rock in his sling and swung one of the rocks at Goliath’s head. The rock sank into the giant’s forehead, and he fell. David then picked up Goliath’s sword and used it to kill Goliath and cut off his head.