- Most Handsome Men In The World: A Look At The Top 10, What Makes Them Stand Out
- What Worked For Hakimi May Not Work For You: Man Returns From Abroad, Discovers Mum Had Squandered Money He’s Been Sending
- Pretty Lady With Good Body Shape Says Only Men With N2m in Their Bank Account Can Date Her, Video Causes Stir
- APC Produces Two Governorship Candidates In Kogi State
- Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Monday morning
The All Progressieve Congress (APC) has produced two candidates for governor in the party’s primaries, which were held on Friday, April 14, 2023, in Kogi State’s wards.
Alhaji Muri Mutala Ajaka defeated his close rival Jimoh Ododo with 356,241 votes, according to the results released to the media. Jimoh Ododo received 74,027 votes.
However, drama started when the committee that conducted the election was induced and forced by the Governor of the State, Alhaji Yahaya Bello to announce his annointed candidate, Jimoh Ododo, as the winner of the said election.
Speaking to the media, a close supporter of Alhaji Muri Mutala Ajaka, he said, ” our Candidate has emerged as the winner and there is nothing Bello can do about it.
From the result in 14 Local Government Areas out of 21, it showed clearly that Alhaji Muri Mutala Ajaka is the choice of the people.
It may interest the general public to know that Alhaji Muri Mutala Ajaka against all odds won in the following 14 LGAs: Idah, Ibaji, Bassa, Dekina, Igala-Mela, Ofu, Olamaboro, Ankpa, Ajaokuta, Kabba Bunu, Lokoja, Koton Karfe, Ogori Magogo and Yagba West”
The added, ” Governor Yahaya Bello who inherited late Prince Abubakar Audu’s vote under APC cannot continue to force his will on the good people of Kogi State”.
He said, “as it is now, Alhaji Muri Mutala Ajaka is the authentic candidate of the APC as the will of Bello cannot over ride five million Kogites”.
He however, thanked Kogites for voting Alhaji Muri Mutala Ajaka saying, it is a new dawn in Kogi State as he will not let them down.