- Most Handsome Men In The World: A Look At The Top 10, What Makes Them Stand Out
- What Worked For Hakimi May Not Work For You: Man Returns From Abroad, Discovers Mum Had Squandered Money He’s Been Sending
- Pretty Lady With Good Body Shape Says Only Men With N2m in Their Bank Account Can Date Her, Video Causes Stir
- APC Produces Two Governorship Candidates In Kogi State
- Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Monday morning
The Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN), has increased admission Quota for Medical Programme for the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), Ogbomoso, Oyo State, to one hundred and twenty (120), from Seventy-five (75).
The development was announced through a letter with reference number: MDCN/525/vol.iv/274, dated February 27, 2023, signed by the Council’s Registrar, Dr. Tajudeen Sanusi and addressed to the University Vice-Chancellor.
It is coming few days after the Special Taskforce on repositioning Medical programme of the University to being one of the best in the country, led by Dr. Juwon Arotiba, completed its rigorous assignment.
It would be recalled that Visitor to the Institution and Governor of Oyo State, Engr. Seyi Makinde, had in early February raised a Taskforce, to study situation in LAUTECH and its Teaching Hospital, and come up with suggestions on how to raise standard of training medical doctors.
An elated acting Vice-Chancellor, Professor Mojeed Olaide Liasu, described the news as a welcome development.
He thanked Governor Makinde, Chairman of LAUTECH’s Governing Council, Professor Deji Omole and the MDCN for the motivation to excel, promising University Management’s commitment to staying truthful to rules and regulations.