- Most Handsome Men In The World: A Look At The Top 10, What Makes Them Stand Out
- What Worked For Hakimi May Not Work For You: Man Returns From Abroad, Discovers Mum Had Squandered Money He’s Been Sending
- Pretty Lady With Good Body Shape Says Only Men With N2m in Their Bank Account Can Date Her, Video Causes Stir
- APC Produces Two Governorship Candidates In Kogi State
- Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Monday morning
The Nigerian Army has confirmed attack on the guards brigade’s 7 battalion by terrorists on Monday July 25.
According to the Army, three casualties were recorded during the attack that happened in Abuja.
The battalion which is a unit under the guards brigade, is responsible for protecting the president. They were reportedly on routine patrol along the Kubwa-Bwari road when they ran into the ambush.
Spokesman of the Guards Brigade, Captain Godfrey Abakpa told Channels Television that no soldier was abducted as being reported.
According to him, at the time of the attack, some soldiers could not be accounted for because they were taking cover from the attackers.
“No soldier was abducted; we only had three casualties and they were evacuated.”
Abakpa added that the troops dislodged “the criminals” from the area and had continued an exploitation operation within the vicinity of the attack.