- Most Handsome Men In The World: A Look At The Top 10, What Makes Them Stand Out
- What Worked For Hakimi May Not Work For You: Man Returns From Abroad, Discovers Mum Had Squandered Money He’s Been Sending
- Pretty Lady With Good Body Shape Says Only Men With N2m in Their Bank Account Can Date Her, Video Causes Stir
- APC Produces Two Governorship Candidates In Kogi State
- Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Monday morning
Ajax manager Alfred Schreuder believes Calvin Bassey’s versatility and all round ability will be a massive boost to his side.
Bassey joined the Eredivisie champions in a £22 million move from Scottish Premiership giants, Glasgow Rangers this week.
The 22-year-old comes in as a direct replacement for Argentina international, Lisandro Martinez, who has moved to Manchester United.
The left-back caught the eye for Rangers last season, starring in the Ibrox side’s run to the UEFA Europa League final and Scottish Cup success.
Bassey was moved to the centre-back position following an Injury crisis in the team and he slotted in perfectly.
Schreuder raved about the player and is happy with what he brings to the table.
“He brings some power to the team and speed. I think we need that in the back. Bassey is the one-on-one replacement for Martínez,” Schreuder was quoted as saying by Ajax Life.
“That doesn’t mean he can only play centrally, because we also got him as a left back. It is complementary to what we need.”