- Most Handsome Men In The World: A Look At The Top 10, What Makes Them Stand Out
- What Worked For Hakimi May Not Work For You: Man Returns From Abroad, Discovers Mum Had Squandered Money He’s Been Sending
- Pretty Lady With Good Body Shape Says Only Men With N2m in Their Bank Account Can Date Her, Video Causes Stir
- APC Produces Two Governorship Candidates In Kogi State
- Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Monday morning
What I’m about to reveal will shock you. Be careful in China!
In China, if you hit a pedestrian with your car, you must pay for the person’s medical care for the rest of their lives.
However, if you kill a pedestrian with your car, you only pay a one time fee.
In China, due to codified laws on victim compensation, if you hit and kill a pedestrian, you can expect a one-time payment of $30 to $50k to the victim’s family. Once this payment is made, the authorities consider the matter closed.
However, let’s say you only hit and injured a pedestrian, you would be required to care for him/her, and his/her disability, for their entire life.
That’s why it is fairly common for people to go back and kill someone they accidentally hit.