- Most Handsome Men In The World: A Look At The Top 10, What Makes Them Stand Out
- What Worked For Hakimi May Not Work For You: Man Returns From Abroad, Discovers Mum Had Squandered Money He’s Been Sending
- Pretty Lady With Good Body Shape Says Only Men With N2m in Their Bank Account Can Date Her, Video Causes Stir
- APC Produces Two Governorship Candidates In Kogi State
- Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Monday morning
Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante’s contract talks with the club’s board under the leadership of Todd Boehly have reportedly hit a snag, which could leave the 31-year-old as a free agent next summer.
Talks between Chelsea and Kante began last year but were halted as ownership of the west London club switched hands to a consortium led by Boehly.
According to the Athletic, Kante is holding out for a longer deal than the two-year offer on the table with an option for a third year, according to the verbal commitment from Boehly’s side.
However, it remains to be seen if Boehly and Kante can agree on a deal to form a longer working relationship as the France international would be able to start talking to potential new clubs from the start of 2023.
Kante has featured in just two games this season for Chelsea due to injury.
He joined Chelsea from Leicester in 2016 and has been a popular part of the Blues’ set-up, guiding them to the Premier League, the Champions League and the Club World Cup during his time at Stamford Bridge.
Kante has proved himself to be among the best midfielders in the world, but he could leave Chelsea for nothing if negotiations cannot be resolved.