- Most Handsome Men In The World: A Look At The Top 10, What Makes Them Stand Out
- What Worked For Hakimi May Not Work For You: Man Returns From Abroad, Discovers Mum Had Squandered Money He’s Been Sending
- Pretty Lady With Good Body Shape Says Only Men With N2m in Their Bank Account Can Date Her, Video Causes Stir
- APC Produces Two Governorship Candidates In Kogi State
- Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Monday morning
The death toll of the number of security personnel killed by terrorists last week in Niger State is rising as more bodies are being discovered in the bush.
According to Sani Kokki, the convener of Concerned Shiroro Youths of Niger State, who made it known in Minna on Sunday, more bodies are being discovered by locals.
Kokki stated that the body of a mobile police officer was recovered in the bush by residents on Saturday evening.
“Yesterday evening, a dead body of a mobile policeman was discovered by a passerby local around a nearby bush not too far from the crime scene,” he said.
He also said that the death toll has risen to 48 as against the 42.
“Based on thorough and reliable local findings as at this evening, the death toll has risen to 48,” Kokki said.
The youth representative gave a breakdown of how the figure was arrived at as 34 soldiers as against 31 reported by our correspondent, eight mobile policemen as against seven, and six residents.
“The breakdown as at last count shows that: 34 soldiers have been confirmed dead; 8 mobile policemen have been confirmed dead, and six locals/civilians have been confirmed dead,” Kokki said.