- Most Handsome Men In The World: A Look At The Top 10, What Makes Them Stand Out
- What Worked For Hakimi May Not Work For You: Man Returns From Abroad, Discovers Mum Had Squandered Money He’s Been Sending
- Pretty Lady With Good Body Shape Says Only Men With N2m in Their Bank Account Can Date Her, Video Causes Stir
- APC Produces Two Governorship Candidates In Kogi State
- Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Monday morning
Due to security threats, the Federal Capital Territory has ordered the immediate closure of all private schools in Abuja.
Punch reports that the directive was issued to the private school owners by the FCT Education Secretariat.
A statement released by the National Association of Proprietors of Private Schools in Nigeria, Abuja, asked all school owners to close by today Wednesday, July 27.
“Dear school educators, instruction reaching me now from the Ag. Director DQA is that the FCT Education secretariat has directed that schools are to make sure all examinations going on should be ended by Wednesday, July 27, 2022, and all students including those in boarding should be allowed to go home for the holiday.
Those writing external examinations and schools that have planned their end of the year speech and prize giving day beyond Wednesday, 27th could go ahead as planned but must put adequate security in place to safeguard both students and staff of their schools, you are addressed strictly to the above instructions”.
Confirming the authenticity of the statement, the publicity secretary, NAPPS, AMAC, Peter Edoh said, “Yes. It is very true”.
Earlier in the week, the Federal Ministry of Education ordered the immediate closure of one of its Unity Colleges, the Federal Government College Kwali, located in Kwali Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory Abuja following a reported terrorist attack on the neighboring Sheda community in the Area Council, which is close to the college.
Abuja has in recent times witnessed a number of terrorist attacks. Last weekend, some terrorists ambushed and killed three Presidential guards around the Bwari area council of the FCT.