- Most Handsome Men In The World: A Look At The Top 10, What Makes Them Stand Out
- What Worked For Hakimi May Not Work For You: Man Returns From Abroad, Discovers Mum Had Squandered Money He’s Been Sending
- Pretty Lady With Good Body Shape Says Only Men With N2m in Their Bank Account Can Date Her, Video Causes Stir
- APC Produces Two Governorship Candidates In Kogi State
- Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Monday morning
The House of Representatives is to meet with the Academic Staff Union of University (ASUU) and other stakeholders to find lasting solution to the lingering strike embarked by the union.
This is contained in a statement issued by Mr Yahaya Danzaria, the Clerk of the House of Representatives on Monday in Abuja.
He said the meeting would take place on Tuesday at the National Assembly, the House of Reps wing.
He said the meeting with ASUU and other critical stakeholders was geared towards finding a lasting solution to the lingering strike embarked upon by ASUU.
According to him, the House of Reps is deeply concerned about the strike which seems to have defied all efforts made to find a solution.
He added that the House was concerned there had been no agreement reached between the Federal Government and the striking university lecturers.
He said that the House was more worried on the negative consequences of the strike on the future and quality of education of the teeming youths.
He said the youth had been kept at home for the past six months despite the intervention of the House and several well-meaning Nigerians overtime to see that the matter was resolved.
“In the light of the foregoing, the House hereby request for another opportunity to come together with stakeholders and leadership of ASUU to seek an amicable resolution,”
He said that this was without prejudice to the fact that the matter was already in the Industrial Court.