- Most Handsome Men In The World: A Look At The Top 10, What Makes Them Stand Out
- What Worked For Hakimi May Not Work For You: Man Returns From Abroad, Discovers Mum Had Squandered Money He’s Been Sending
- Pretty Lady With Good Body Shape Says Only Men With N2m in Their Bank Account Can Date Her, Video Causes Stir
- APC Produces Two Governorship Candidates In Kogi State
- Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Monday morning
The Athletic reported that while the Ligue 1 side appeared to have it all wrapped up with the player agreeing to the move and having already flown to Paris to complete a medical, Chelsea failed to file the necessary paperwork before Tuesday’s transfer deadline, with a source from PSG labelling the situation a “Class A circus”.
Multiple reports from France say that Chelsea sent the incorrect documents over to PSG on THREE occasions, holding up the deal.
It was gathered that the right document was sent at midnight local time (23:00 English time), far too late for a deal to go through. PSG are now set to lodge an appeal with the Ligue de Football Professionnel (LFP), although given their ruthlessness in similar cases in the past, it is thought to be unlikely that the situation will be resolved.
If PSG wins their appeal, the Morocco international will join the capital club and fill the role left behind by Pablo Sarabia, who exited for Wolverhampton Wanderers last month.
However, if the commission denies the appeal, Ziyech will return to Chelsea with an uncertain future as the English club moves in a different direction that doesn’t include the winger.
The gaffe evoked memories of David de Gea’s mooted dream move to Real Madrid allegedly being scuppered due to a faulty fax machine in 2015.
Ziyech, a £33 million signing in 2020, is now left in limbo and will be anxiously waiting for the transfer to get the green light.