- Most Handsome Men In The World: A Look At The Top 10, What Makes Them Stand Out
- What Worked For Hakimi May Not Work For You: Man Returns From Abroad, Discovers Mum Had Squandered Money He’s Been Sending
- Pretty Lady With Good Body Shape Says Only Men With N2m in Their Bank Account Can Date Her, Video Causes Stir
- APC Produces Two Governorship Candidates In Kogi State
- Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Monday morning
The African Action Congress (AAC) has denied the report that it adopted the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Ademola Adeleke, in the ongoing governorship election in Osun State.
The party said it never connived with any political party or affiliates because it was against the tenets of the party.
In a statement signed by the Osun State Publicity Secretary, Akinlade Semiu Babatunde, on Saturday, the party described the news making the round as fake and should be disregarded by the public.
The statement read, “We write to inform members of the public and Osun State indigenes that the news making rounds that the AAC adopted one SENATOR ADEMOLA ADELEKE of the PDP is FAKE and should be dispelled in its entirety.
“We want to state categorically that AAC is an ideology-based political party that can never connive with any of the political parties or their affiliates because this is against the core tenets of a revolutionary party like ours.
“It’s worthy to note that the Independent National Electoral Commission and the PDP have connived to sell out our party. We learnt about this on Friday when INEC refused to release AAC agents’ party cards to our members when they visited their respective LGA collation centres.
“We found out that INEC handed over our party cards to one of the chieftains of the PDP in Osogbo in the early hours of Friday.
“Finally, PDP and his candidate ADEMOLA ADELEKE should brace up as we won’t leave any stone unturned to resist this daylight robbery.”