- Most Handsome Men In The World: A Look At The Top 10, What Makes Them Stand Out
- What Worked For Hakimi May Not Work For You: Man Returns From Abroad, Discovers Mum Had Squandered Money He’s Been Sending
- Pretty Lady With Good Body Shape Says Only Men With N2m in Their Bank Account Can Date Her, Video Causes Stir
- APC Produces Two Governorship Candidates In Kogi State
- Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Monday morning
Chris Ngige, the minister of labour and employment, has invited the striking electricity workers for an emergency meeting.
The National Union of Electricity Employees (NUEE) had earlier directed its members to go on strike, citing a contravention of workers’ conditions and default on the payment of entitlements by the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN).
In response, TCN had said it was working with relevant parties to avert TCN said in a statement.
“In the meantime, we would like to reassure our esteemed customers that we are currently working with the relevant regulatory authorities and the parties involved to reach an amicable resolution and avert the strike action.”
TCN had also appealed to the workers to suspend the proposed strike, assuring that steps had been taken to resolve the issues.