- Most Handsome Men In The World: A Look At The Top 10, What Makes Them Stand Out
- What Worked For Hakimi May Not Work For You: Man Returns From Abroad, Discovers Mum Had Squandered Money He’s Been Sending
- Pretty Lady With Good Body Shape Says Only Men With N2m in Their Bank Account Can Date Her, Video Causes Stir
- APC Produces Two Governorship Candidates In Kogi State
- Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Monday morning
Police officers in Oyo state have arrested a 40-year-old herb seller for allegedly killing a man in order to avoid repaying a loan.
The victim has been identified as a septuagenarian, Rufus Olayinwola.
Parading the suspect to newsmen on Monday, August 8, the spokesperson of the state police command, SP Adewale Osifeso, said the suspect killed the septuagenarian on June 19 in Ibadan in order not to pay back the money the deceased loaned to him.
According to Oyifeso, the suspect also stole the vehicle used as collateral for the loan after killing the deceased. He stated that the stolen Lexus 300 car and pepper spray were recovered from the suspect.
Speaking to newsmen, the suspect confessed to committing the murder crime. He claimed the deceased died instantly when he pushed him to the wall during a heated argument.
“This is the sixth vehicle I used as loan collateral with the man who ended up selling it when I was unable to pay the loan and balance was given to me.
I don’t want to lose this last vehicle and I approached the man to return part of the money he loaned to me, but the man refused to collect the money.
This resulted in an argument between me and the man and I pushed him to the wall which led to his death and I took the car away” he said