- Most Handsome Men In The World: A Look At The Top 10, What Makes Them Stand Out
- What Worked For Hakimi May Not Work For You: Man Returns From Abroad, Discovers Mum Had Squandered Money He’s Been Sending
- Pretty Lady With Good Body Shape Says Only Men With N2m in Their Bank Account Can Date Her, Video Causes Stir
- APC Produces Two Governorship Candidates In Kogi State
- Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Monday morning
I’ll Leave No Inheritance For My Children – Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari has disclosed he is leaving not any inheritance for his children beyond the training and education he gave them.
The President spoke at the palace of the Emir of Daura, Dr Faruk Umar Faruk, in Daura, during Sallah homage.
He also appealed to parents to inculcate the right values in children, including deep fear of God, respect for constituted authorities and living purposeful life through continuous education.
The President charged youths to seek education, not for government jobs, which are unavailable, but to arm themselves with skill and ability to fight poverty and to meet the needs of the 21st century.
“I was locked up for more than three years, after leading the country. At that point, I realised and I told my children that your net worth is what is in your head, not what you have acquired in life.
“My focus has always been on training the children to be relevant wherever they find themselves. I told my children, particularly the girls, that they can only get married after getting first degree.
They already know that I am not leaving anything for anyone to inherit. My greatest legacy to the children is to ensure they are properly educated,” he said.
Nigeria Youth Movement