- Most Handsome Men In The World: A Look At The Top 10, What Makes Them Stand Out
- What Worked For Hakimi May Not Work For You: Man Returns From Abroad, Discovers Mum Had Squandered Money He’s Been Sending
- Pretty Lady With Good Body Shape Says Only Men With N2m in Their Bank Account Can Date Her, Video Causes Stir
- APC Produces Two Governorship Candidates In Kogi State
- Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Monday morning
TikTok is a mobile app that allows users to upload short-form videos from 15-seconds to 1-minute in length, using music from the app’s library. TikTok is currently the leading social media platform with over 120 million monthly active users. For artists, it’s not just another social media platform, it can turn a song into a global hit and make an independent artist become a star overnight, making the platform a new music marketing sensation.
To make your music trend on TikTok you first need to find a music distributor like Naijatrends and get your songs uploaded to TikTok and other stores. When your music is available on the platform, you need to actively try to get your sound out to TikTok influencers and other users around the world. You don’t need a lot of followers or have a big account to do this, there are several users that have under 1000 followers who have been able to go viral by creating an engaging video. Look at TikTok more as a (massive) opportunity for you as an independent artist, to reach people in ways that weren’t possible before through traditional marketing. Also you need to make good use of the hashtags as TikTok algorithm works perfectly fine with hashtags. Examples of some hashtags to use is #FyP #Music #Trending and many more. With this hashtags TikTok puts your video onscreen for users while surfing.
Which song to promote on TikTok
Before starting your promotion plan on TikTok, you need to make sure that the song you choose is TikTok friendly. The song needs to make sense as a moment away from the context of the whole track.