- Most Handsome Men In The World: A Look At The Top 10, What Makes Them Stand Out
- What Worked For Hakimi May Not Work For You: Man Returns From Abroad, Discovers Mum Had Squandered Money He’s Been Sending
- Pretty Lady With Good Body Shape Says Only Men With N2m in Their Bank Account Can Date Her, Video Causes Stir
- APC Produces Two Governorship Candidates In Kogi State
- Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Monday morning
Calvin Bassey was left out of the Glasgow Rangers squad that defeated Blackpool 2-1 in a pre-season friendly on Saturday fueling speculations over his switch to Ajax.
The Gers according to reports granted him permission to discuss terms with Ajax for a summer move after both clubs reportedly agreed on a fee of €22m plus an additional €5m in add-ons a report on espn.nl revealed.
The report also revealed that Nigeria international is expected to undergo medicals in the coming days in Amsterdam.
“Ajax are closing on another signing, the deal at final stages for Bassey from Rangers, €22m fee now set to be agreed,” the report revealed. Bassey could undergo medical tests very soon, Ajax is on it. Francisco Conceição, Brian Brobbey and then Bassey to follow.”
Bassey, who can play as a left-back and centre-back, is seen as an ideal replacement for Lisandro Martinez who is on the brink of joining Manchester United.
The Nigerian already spoke to Alfred Schreuder and has been offered a five-year contract.